New water level tools are now online and we want to hear from you! Try out our new:
- Water level application optimized for mobile devices (Beta)
- Water level stations map optimized for laptops (Beta)
- REST-API for direct access to official water level data
Send your feedback about our new tools to email@example.com.
Please note: this site is under development and will be rolled out to tides.gc.ca this summer, do not bookmark this page.
- Notices and important messages
- Progressive web application for water levels
- Monthly water level bulletin for the Great Lakes and Montreal Harbour
- REST-API web service for water level information
- Submit a request for digital tide and current data
- Québec (Lauzon) (Station #03250)
- Vancouver (Station #07735)
- Saint John (Station #00065)
Services and information
Predicted times and heights of high and low tides, as well as times and speeds of weak and strong currents.
Interactive map showing observations, predictions, and forecasted water level data.
Monthly mean water level, historical tide and water level station data, and water level station benchmarks.
Monthly water level bulletins and information on the Great Lakes – St. Lawrence river system.
Telephone information system on water levels and tides.
Web services for accessing official data on navigating modelled surface currents and water levels.
Learn about tides and currents in Canada and the history of tidal measurements.
Contact us for more information on tides currents or water levels.
What we are doing
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Non-Navigational (NONNA) Bathymetric Data
- Chart Index
- Natural Resource Maps
- S57 Individual Electronic Navigation Chart Limits
- S-100 services for safe and optimized e-navigation
- Automated Hydrographic Surface Vehicles
- Channel Survey and Sounding Vessels
- The Science of Hydrography