Guidelines are intended for the general public to allow them to enjoy their encounters with marine mammals to the fullest while minimizing the risks of disturbing them. Specific measures are given for certain areas or species.
- Best Practices for Navigation around Beluga Whales in the St. Lawrence Estuary
- Guidelines for Best Practices for Watching Marine Mammals in Quebec
- Why Are Best Practices Guidelines Needed for Watching Marine Mammals in Quebec?
Further information and educational tools for marine mammals (identification, behaviour, protective measures, etc.) are available from:
- Comité ZIP de la rive nord de l’estuaire (French)
- Eco-Whale Alliance
- Group for Research and Education on Marine Mammals
- Mingan Island Cetacean Study
- Ocean Research and Education Society
- Réseau d’observation de mammifères marins (French)
- Saguenay–St. Lawrence Marine Park
- Guide for Eco-Responsible Practices for Captains/Naturalists
- Whales On-Line
- Date modified: