Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Quebec Region's Web site offers you two RSS news feeds. Please don't hesitate to subscribe!
Infoceans, our external information bulletin
Whenever a new issue becomes available, you will receive the headlines as well as a link to view the entire newsletter online.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada national Web site is also offering RSS feeds.
What is RSS
Rich Site Summary (RSS) or as some refer to it, Real Simple Syndication, is an XML-based format for content distribution in real time.
There are a number of benefits to using RSS, including:
- You select what news you want. RSS allows you to select the type of news and information you receive from websites.
- Because RSS requires you to download a news reader, you aren't subscribing to e-mail lists, which can increase your risk of getting unsolicited (spam) e-mail.
Instructions on Adding a News Feed to Your Feed Reader or RSS Aggregator
- Using your mouse, right click on the RSS feed below you would like to subscribe to.
- The pop-up menu that appears will vary based on your web browser.
- Internet Explorer users, select the Copy Shortcut option.
- Users of Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other web browsers select the Copy Link Location option.
- Launch your RSS aggregator or feed reader program and paste the copied URL into an Add New Feed window.
Detailed instructions on how to add news feeds are included in the news reader application that you choose.
When new Infoceans are issued to the Fisheries and Oceans Canada Web site, you will be alerted by your aggregator. The aggregator, an RSS news feed reader software, will advise you of recently posted issues when opened.
No personal information is required to subscribe to an RSS feed.
RSS Aggregators or Feed Readers
There are various RSS aggregators or feed readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet.
- Date modified: